The laser hair removal technique has become quite popular in the recent past. It is a non-surgical and non-invasive technique that uses laser light for hair removal. Even though we've made considerable progress in accepting body hair, we understand that for some people, the goal is still permanent removal. In that case, getting a laser would be well worth the money.
However, there is a lot of debate over the safety of the laser hair removal technique for the face. Thus, Dr. Rohit Batra, the best doctor for Laser hair removal in Delhi, will shed some light on the subject. This blog explains whether it is safe for facial hair removal or are there any risks associated with it. Keep reading to know more!
Is it Safe?
According to Dr. Rohit Batra, laser specialist in Delhi, shares that laser hair reduction is a safe way to remove facial hair. This advanced hair removal method gives good results in just a few sessions, and the results last a long time. With this safe and effective method, one is less likely to get strawberry skin, ingrown hairs, and irritation, like waxing, shaving and other traditional hair removal methods.
Why is Laser Hair Removal Better than Waxing?
Though both techniques serve the purpose of hair removal, there are some reasons the laser hair removal technique is better than waxing. Understand better with the help of these points:
- Time - Where waxing takes about 10 minutes minimum for any treatment, laser hair removal takes only 5.
- Cost - A waxing session can cost up to Rs. 1500-2000 per session, whereas laser hair removal is one time investment and lasts for a lifetime.
- Pain - Where waxing can cause a lot of pain with each pull, the laser technique is comparatively pain free.
- Results - Hair removed by wax would regrow within 15-20 days, whereas laser hair removal gives a permanent result with maintenance sessions.
- Side effects - Waxing can leave redness and rashes on the skin but the laser technique leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth. It has almost no side effects.
- Ingrown hair - Ingrown hair is very common in waxing, whereas removing hair through laser does not cause ingrown hair.
How to Prepare for Facial Laser Hair Removal?
It is important to have a consultation session with the specialist before going for hair removal. This will allow the doctor to understand the patient’s hair growth. The patient will also get a better understanding of the procedure with this consultation. Below mentioned are some more points:
- One must discuss their medical history with the doctor. The doctor must know what kind of medicines (if any) his patient is taking. Women must let the doctor if they are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- The laser light targets the root of the hair. Therefore it is advised to not go for facial waxing or tweezing.
- Avoid the Sun as much as possible. As the laser targets melanin components, it becomes difficult to remove dark hair on tanned skin.
- It is advised to shave the target area 24 hours before the procedure so that the hair follicles are cut open.
Procedure of Laser Hair Removal for Face
The procedure of facial hair removal with laser technology is quite simple. It takes nothing more than 30-45 mins. This is how the procedure follows:
- First the face is cleaned to remove any dirt, oil or makeup residue.
- Then the patient is asked to wear an operation gown. Along with this, everyone in the room, including the patient, will wear eye protection glasses to keep their eyes safe from the laser.
- Once all of this is in place, the doctor applies numbing gel on the patient’s face to keep safe from any discomfort during the process.
- After this, the hair removal process starts. The laser light targets the root of the follicles to destroy them.
- When the session completes, the face is cleaned to remove any residue.
Post Procedure Care
This is how one can take care of their face after laser hair removal:
- Avoid going in the sun for at least 1 week after the procedure
- Do not scratch the treated area as it may lead to rashes
- Do not go for any chemical treatment for at least 2 weeks after the procedure
- The treated skin needs more protection, therefore, do not skip sunscreen
- Gently exfoliate the treated area according to the doctor’s instructions.
Cost of Facial Laser Hair Removal
The cost of facial laser hair removal in Delhi varies from person to person. The precise price is determined on the required number of sessions. These sessions are based on the density and rate of hair growth.
For a better understanding of the technique, schedule an appointment with Dr. Rohit Batra, the best doctor for laser hair removal in Delhi today. It is one of the safest and cost-effective techniques to remove unwanted hair.